Do you ever have those days, sometimes weeks (and I hope no longer) where you just feel off, grumpy or unhappy?
I felt that way last week. Very tense. I wasn’t sure what was wrong, but I felt so not me.
Luckily, when I went in to listen to my weekly dose of the Happier podcast, I told you guys here all about my podcast obsessions, an old episode replayed on its own!
I think it was heaven sent or universe sent or *whatever you want to insert here* sent!
The episode proposed adopting the following “Essential 7′ for Happiness and Good Habits.
1. Eat and drink more healthfully (give up sugar, eat more vegetables, drink less alcohol)
2. Exercise regularly
3. Save, spend, and earn wisely (save regularly, pay down debt, donate to worthy causes, make purchases that contribute to happiness or habits, pay taxes, stay current with expense reports, take classes to expand career options)
4. Rest, relax, and enjoy (pursue a hobby instead of cruising the internet, enjoy the moment, stop checking email, get enough sleep, spend less time in the car, take time for myself)
5. Stop procrastinating, make consistent progress (practice an instrument, set aside two hours daily for uninterrupted work, learn a language, maintain a blog, keep a gratitude journal)
6. Simplify, clear, and organize (make the bed every day, file regularly, put keys away in the same place, recycle, give away unused clothing)
7. Engage more deeply—with other people, with God, with yourself, with the world (call family members, read the Bible every day, volunteer, spend time with friends, observe the Sabbath, spend time alone in nature)
I can right away tell you that I was needing more of 2, 5, 6, and 7!
So I went for a run. Finally updated my blog (do you like?). I did my laundry, and I had sushi with a friend.
This week I seriously feel rejuvenated, motivated and HAPPY! 🙂
I understand it may not be as easy for some to get over a difficult situation, as I am making it out to be. However, try taking any of the 7 steps towards a happier life to help! Small efforts can make all the difference. 🙂
What about you? Do you need any of the 7 above?
Listen to the Happier Podcast Episode 90 here .
Dress: Zara Dress
Purse: Kate Spade
Shoes are on Sale for $32: